Recommended for First Grade.
JA Our Families introduces students to entrepreneurship and learning objectives for first-grade social studies, including families, neighborhoods, money, and needs and wants. Through hands-on classroom activities, the students explore the ways in which businesses provide goods, services, and jobs for families.
Following participation in the program, students will be able to:
- Describe the similarities and differences found in families.
- Begin to understand that families must earn money to pay for the things they need and want.
- Recognize the importance of entrepreneurial businesses to the neighborhood.
- Identify the goods and services provided by local businesses.
- Explain one of the entrepreneurial characteristics: Satisfy a Need or a Want
2016-17 Training Videos courtesy of Junior Achievement of South Dakota:
2017-18 Online Resources and Resource Videos
- Go to: learn.ja.org
- Login: gradeone.volunteer
- Password: J@swct
- Under My JA Courses, click Resources, then click JA Our Families Resources – Class_11-26-2017_9738_1.
Various digital assets are available. Please note: the digital assets are for optional use.