Recommended for Second Grade.
JA Our Community introduces students to the intersection of work readiness and early elementary grades social studies learning objectives, including how citizens benefit from and contribute to a community’s success.
Following participation in the program, students will be able to:
- Describe a community.
- Identify the variety of careers people have in a community and how each job requires specific skills.
- Identify how business and government jobs help a community.
- Explain how taxation supports government services.
- Recognize voting as a way responsible citizens act.
- Describe the flow of money in a community’s economy.
Training Videos courtesy of Junior Achievement of South Dakota: