Recommended for Third Grade.
JA Our City introduces students to financial literacy and learning objectives for third–grade social studies, including the characteristics of cities, the importance of economic exchange, and how people and businesses in cities manage their money. Students will apply money-management strategies to personal and business accounts.
Following participation in the program, students will be able to:
- Provide practical information about the zones found within a city.
- Examine the importance of money to a city, why people pay taxes, and how people use different methods to pay for goods and services.
- Describe the contributions of financial institutions to a city and how they help businesses and people achieve their economic goals.
- Develop an understanding that entrepreneurs promote a healthy economy within a city.
2016-17 Training Videos courtesy of Junior Achievement of South Dakota:
2017-18 Online Resource – Cha-Ching Sweet Pepper Designs Video for Session 5.
- Go to: learn.ja.org
- Login: gradethree.volunteer
- Password: J@swct
- Under My JA Courses, click JA Our City Resources – Class_11-26-2017_9737_1.