Recommended for Third Grade – Fifth Grade.
This program can be implemented either in school or after
JA More than Money introduces students to financial literacy and entrepreneurship, and to social studies learning objectives that include money-management skills, goods and services, and global markets. Through hands-on activities and a JA cast of characters serving as symbols for financial literacy and entrepreneurship concepts, students will learn a practical approach to starting a business and making smart decisions about managing money.
Following participation in the program, students will be able to:
- Identify the role of money in everyday life.
- Think like entrepreneurs and identify a small business they can start.
- Learn the basic steps of starting a business.
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages of borrowing money.
- Explore the opportunities of global markets.